Thorough and Accurate.
Geolat Companies offers expert appraisal of fine jewelry, both antique and contemporary. Every jewelry appraisal report is well-researched and documented, and conforms to the standards put forth by the American Society of Appraisers as well as the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
Our jewelry appraisal services provide assistance with:
• Determining replacement value for insurance purposes
• Providing expert witness & litigation support
• Confirming the quality of a new purchase
• Determining reasonable re-sale price
• Estate tax evaluation
• Estate planning and distribution
• Division of property in divorce proceedings
• Documentation and reporting of damage
• Post-loss & casualty loss reporting of previously undocumented pieces
• Collateral assignment
• Evidence of ownership for foreign customs officials
• Buying and Selling unwanted and used gold and jewelry
What you need to know.
During the course of a Geolat Companies jewelry appraisal, your items will be carefully evaluated to accurately identify all component parts - gemstones and metals. Gems will be measured or weighed (when appropriate), evaluated for condition and graded for color, clarity and cut quality. Metals will be examined for purity. Value is determined using a holistic approach that takes into consideration the component parts and the overall nature and condition of the finished piece as well as prevailing market conditions and the actual purpose of the appraisal (insurance replacement cost or fair market value).
Geolat Companies jewelry appraisal reports include complete documentation of findings, and a detailed explanation of the grading systems and definitions used. Of course, we maintain complete confidentiality with regard to your appraisal and our client records.